- Cotton quilting fabrics, 1/2 yd each for 2 napkins: 1 light holiday print, 1 dark holiday print
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & ironing surface
- Poster board cut to 17" diameter circle
- Fine-line permanent fabric marker
printable directions here):
- With right sides together, pin light and dark quilting fabrics together. Use the poster board circle as a template and trace two circles on the back side of one of the fabrics. Cut the fabric in half to separate the circles.
- Sew on the traced outline of each circle. Leave a small opening on each for turning. Trim the seam allowance to within 1/4" of the seam.
- Turn inside out, press and stitch the opening closed.
- Use the fine-line marker to write a favorite Christmas carol or other holiday-themed message around the outer edge of the light-colored side of each napkin.
- Fold the napkin in half with a little of the darker fabric showing at the open end. Starting 5" from one end of the fold, fold back and forth four times making pie-shaped wedges that stack up large to small forming the tree shape.
Some experience necessary
Approximate Crafting Time:
1½ hours for 2 napkins